When you begin your organizing journey, whether you chose to go it alone or with my help, it is helpful to create our own hard and fast rules as to what you keep and what you don’t keep.
These rules make the decisions easier. You don’t have to think so hard while “in it” and this also has the benefit of speeding up the process.
Some Rule Suggestions:
- Clothes: Keep if worn in the last 12 months (unless they apply to either bonus tip!).
- Books: Classics you intend to read again or reference books. (Hint: Much of what we want to reference is available elsewhere.)
- Kitchen utensils: Keep if used in the last 12 months. If you are really not going to use that whatchamacallit, then let it go.
- Publications: 3 months of a monthly publication or 3 weeks of a weekly publication.
- Bonus tip: Do not keep anything that makes you feel sad, guilty, disappointed, ugly, or angry. You deserve to love what you have and have it fill you up, not bring you down.
- Final tip: Just because you paid “big bucks” for something, if your life and lifestyle doesn’t have you still loving it, needing it or wearing it… Let it go!!
I can help with this process. Just reach out by phone or email and let’s start the conversation.