Clutter-free gifts are truly appreciated by others, especially if they are on a fixed income or have been downsizing and reducing clutter. If they need a certain “thing”, then fine, but otherwise honor where they are and consider the following:
- Tickets for a trip or tour. This doesn’t need to be an ocean cruise – bus and local trips can be great.
- A gift certificate for “free rides”. Many people worry about asking too often for rides to the doctor or shopping. With this option they won’t feel as though they are imposing.
- Pay for cleaning, cooking OR organizing services.
- Stamps and stationery.
- Pay the registration fee for a class or workshop.
- Give tickets to the theatre, a sporting event or lecture. Two tickets allows a friend to go along.
- Membership fees to their local fitness club, Science or Children’s Museums (in Minnesota where “cabin fever” is really experienced, having a fun, educational place to take the family can be a sanity saver!).
- Gift cards: Restaurants, coffee houses, a spa, haircut, taxi/bus rides, gas, grocery store, pharmacy.
Give from your heart, that’s what matters.